Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Ubuntu Essentials: A Guide to Ubuntu Desktop and ServerPost under The Linux Operating Systemson Sat Jun 20, 2020
This book is designed to provide detailed information on the installation, use and administration of the Ubuntu distribution. It covers topics for both beginners and experienced users.
- Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference (Keir Thomas)Post under The Linux Operating Systemson Sat Jun 20, 2020
This book is an indispensable and concise guide to Ubuntu, read by over half a million people! It quickly transforms its readers into experts, describes the highways of the Ubuntu filesystem, and gives a full run-down of the Ubuntu file manager.
- Machine Learning for Cyber Physical Systems (Jurgen Beyerer)Post under Machine Learningon Sat Jun 20, 2020
This book presents new approaches to Machine Learning for Cyber Physical Systems, experiences and visions. Typical Cyber Physical Systems applications are condition monitoring, predictive maintenance, image processing and diagnosis.
- Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction, Second EditionPost under Machine Learningon Sat Jun 20, 2020
It provides a clear and simple account of the key ideas and algorithms of reinforcement learning that is accessible to readers in all the related disciplines. Focuses on core online learning algorithms, with the more mathematical material set off in shaded boxes.
- A Practical Guide to Designing for the Web (Mark Boulton)Post under Web App Design and Web Programmingon Sat Jun 20, 2020
This book aims to teach you techniques for designing your website using the principles of graphic design. Featuring five sections, each covering a core aspect of graphic design: Getting Started, Research, Typography, Colour, and Layout.
- The Elements of Typographic Style Applied to the WebPost under Web App Design and Miscellaneous Bookson Sat Jun 20, 2020
The typographic rules in this book aren't specific to particular software. You can apply these rules in just about any modern page-layout program or word processor - it skipped implementation issues that are especially basic or especially complicated.
- Scientific Programming and Computer ArchitecturePost under Computer Architecture and C++ Programmingon Sat Jun 13, 2020
The book digs into linkers, compilers, operating systems, and computer architecture to understand how the different parts of the computer interact with programs. It begins with a review of C/C++ and explanations of how libraries, linkers, and Makefiles work.
- Elements of Programming (Alexander Stepanov, et al)Post under Computer Programming & C++ Programmingon Sat Jun 13, 2020
The book shows that algorithms implemented in a real programming language, such as C++, can operate in the most general mathematical setting. For example, the fast exponentiation algorithm is defined to work with any associative operation.
- Finite Difference Computing with PDEs: A Software ApproachPost under Differential Equations and Numerical Computingon Sat Jun 13, 2020
This easy-to-read book introduces the basics of solving partial differential equations by means of finite difference methods. Unlike many of the traditional academic works on the topic, this book was written for practitioners.
- Google Earth Engine Applications (Lalit Kumar, et al)Post under Geographic Information System (GIS) & Cloud Computingon Sat Jun 13, 2020
It show apps using the Google Earth Engine in mining, storing, retrieving and processing spatial data for a variety of applications that include vegetation monitoring, cropland mapping, ecosystem assessment, and gross primary productivity, among others.
- App Modernization on Azure Succinctly (Lorenzo Barbieri)Post under Cloud Computing and Microsoft Programmingon Sat Jun 13, 2020
This book helps you understand how to modernize existing apps without completely rewriting them and guide you through moving your app to the cloud, refactoring, rearchitecting, and choosing which cloud services will improve your app and experience.
- Python 3 Patterns, Recipes and Idioms (Bruce Eckel, et al)Post under Python Programming on Sat Jun 06, 2020
This book is aimed at more experienced Python programmers who are looking to deepen their understanding of the language and modern programming idioms. It focuses on some of the more advanced techniques used by libraries, frameworks, and applications.
- Program Arcade Games: With Python and Pygame (Paul Craven)Post under Game Programming and Python Programmingon Sat Jun 06, 2020
Learn and use Python and PyGame to design and build cool arcade games. After reading and using this book, you'll be able to learn to program and build simple arcade game applications using one of today's most popular programming languages, Python.
- Problem Solving with Algorithms and Data Structures Using PythonPost under Algorithms and Data Structureson Sat Jun 06, 2020
This is a textbook about computer science. It is also about Python. However, there is much more. The tools and techniques that you learn here will be applied over and over as you continue your study of computer science.
- So You Want to Learn to Program?Post under Computer Programmingon Sat Jun 06, 2020